"Don't buy the house, buy the neighborhood.” - Russian Proverb
Welcome home to our unique island community, a place of tranquility, creativity, hospitality and fun. We are proud of our United Empire Loyalist roots and our distinctive towns and villages. We share our spectacular natural beauty with over 100,000 visitors each year. Traditional agriculture is our backbone enhanced by a growing wine industry. A growing and multifaceted arts community contributes to our unique ‘County’ culture. Our entrepreneurial spirit has helped create a thriving and diverse environment for small business. Whether it is taking in a show, enjoying an outdoor festival, attending a community class, or simply hanging out and enjoying Prince Edward County's unique culture. This is a place to work, live and call home.
Local LinksHelpful Resources
Tips for Finding the Perfect Neighborhood1. Make a list of all of the amenities that are close by in the neighborhood you are considering as your new residence. Keep in mind what distances and routes to each of these places are acceptable and what are not.
2. Determine what the best features of the neighborhoods are. This is especially helpful if you are deciding between a few different neighborhoods.
- Are there parks nearby?
- Is it scenic and visually appealing?
- Are there quiet areas, streets, culs de sac?
- Are the people friendly in the neighborhood?
- Is the neighborhood clean? Yards, streets, parks?
- Are there nice trees and foliage?
- Do the lots have large or small yards?
- Are there walkways and are they easily accessible?
- Is it a safe neighborhood?
- What are the market values of the homes in the area?
- Are there many houses for sale?
- How long ago was the community developed?
- What is the average age of the people in the area?
- Are there families with small children in the area?
- What is the proximity to schools?
- Are there community events or organizations?